For years my friends and family have encouraged me to start a blog as a place to capture all of the stuff that I love.....baby stuff, home decor stuff, school stuff, work stuff etc.... But life just kept getting in the way. I set this blog up in April of 2010!!! It's taken almost 4 years to put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard in this case). In four years, I have had two children, moved from Florida to Texas, left the company that I had been with over 13 years...you know typical life stuff. Life is still plenty busy, I just had a little girl seven weeks ago and I actually go back to work in a few days.
But I had a conversation with one of my best friends, Jennifer, the other day about starting the blog. She reminded me that I set this blog up years ago, I had totally forgotten. Jenn and I have been friends for close to twenty years. We attended high school and college together and pledged together (OO-oop). So we are as close as close can be. She had been struggling with a gift idea for the baby. Before I could give my standard answer of Diapers. She said NO DIAPERS. So she was speaking another new mom friend of hers asking for ideas. The mom suggested that she give me a growth chart. Well guess who gave Jennifer that idea.....yep, yours truly.
So I will give this blog thing a try. If for nothing else than to house all of the ideas for baby stuff that I love.
Another note on the name of the blog, it's a play on my favorite album of time. Songs in the Key of Life by the amazing Stevie Wonder. The album was released one year, one month and one day before I was born. It is the ultimate album, with songs like Sir Dike! Knocks me off my feet!! As!!! it's amazing. Do yourself a favor and hit up itunes if you have not had the pleasure. In the meanwhile, I will try to come up with a good blog post.
SG
No comments:
Post a Comment